Friday, August 20, 2010

Fantasy Baseball, 120 Games Down

With roughly 42 games left to go the season is basically over, at least for me it is. The league is down to two teams and I'm not one of them so I've basically checked out. The only thing left for Andrew and I is to maintain our teams and desperately try to make trades as the Sept 1st trade deadline approaches.

I'm about 75% checked out right now, and all I can do it hope that the injury bug is done with me. My offense, once a shining example of draft strategy, has been decimated by injuries. Losing two of my best players (Choo and Tulo) for over a month has caught up with me, and the loss of Youkilis is really paying off right now. I'm losing points in close categories that Youk gave me (HR, AVG, RBI) and I have no way to make up for it. My best hope is that Justin Upton and Billy Butler ascend to a higher level of Baseball Consciousness and completely destroy the league over the next 40 games. Add in my ability to add pitchers who quickly find the DL (Jeff Niemann, although I was able to add Jeremy Hellickson) and I'm done, see y'all next year.

Jeremy "Hell Boy" Hellickson, my only hope.

Andrew is still plugging away in 2nd, although he enjoyed a brief stint in 1st. He continues to ride baffling seasons by middling players (Kelly Johnson, Aubrey Huff) and is still in contention. He recently swapped Francisco Liriano for another closer, so he should be gaining in the saves category. I don't think he can win it, but with 42 games left alot of crazy things can happen. A single player on a tear could turn the chase.

Current Status
Bert - He fixes the cable?
Andrew - Shomor Shabbos!

No comments:

Post a Comment