Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bundesliga : Stock Report, Week 1

Well the first weekend of the Bundesliga has passed, and my plan has partially backfired. I thought all of the games would be on ESPN3, but it looks like only one game a week will be available and if I'm lucky one will be on cable when I'm watching EPL games. This blows, but I'll do my best to catch as much as possible.

Werder Bremen : DOWN. I was not impressed at all by Werder Bremen's 4-1 beating at the hands of TSG Hoffenheim. They were rescued from complete disgust by extenuating circumstances, and I hope they don't play like this every week. Bremen lost their best player (Mesut Özil) to Real Madrid, and they played in a Champions League game a few days ago. They looked very tired and once TSG went up 2-1 they looked like they completely checked out. I wasn't impressed by anything they did, they have some work to do. Also, hideous kits, I found myself looking away in disgust a number of times.

These are so ugly, it was really hard to watch.

Borussia Dortmund : NO CHANGE. I got lucky and Dortmund played Leverkusen today. I was able to watch while Man United gave me heartburn at Craven Cottage, and I was pleasantly surprised. Dortmund lost 2-0, but they played an attacking style of football I didn't think existed outside of Bayern Munich, I'm already seeing the Bundesliga in a different light.

Bayer Leverkusen : UP. Went up a little by beating Dortmund, but I mostly enjoyed their attacking style. They could have been better with the ball, EPL teams have spoiled me, but they weren't the plodding defense first team I expected. I still feel queasy at the idea of following a team with Michael Ballack, especially one with a Chelsea-esque blue kit.

VfL Wolfsburg : NO CHANGE. Lost to Bayern Munich in a close game, didn't get to watch this one.

Eintracht Frankfurt : NO CHANGE. Lost 2-1 to Hannover 96 and their freakishly horrible kits, didn't get to watch this game. No harm in losing, unless they do it every week.

Kaisersluatern : UP. Beat FC Cologne 3-1, good sign for a recently promoted team. I didn't get to watch this game so I can't really draw any conclusions. Just nice to see they are moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment