Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fantasy Baseball, 110 Games Down

This will be, by far, the most apathetic update yet. As far as I'm concerned the league has pretty much been decided, barring some (additional) bad breaks, I can't see anyone seriously shaking up the standings. You may have guessed that I am not in first. Andrew isn't either, but I'm sure he thinks he still has a shot at the title.

My season ended this weekend when news went out that Kevin Youkilis' season was over due to a thumb injury. I've been missing one of my best players (Tulowitzki and/or Choo) for most of the season, and its hurt me, but this is probably the last straw. I built my team on guys that provide multiple stats, Tulo & Choo are six stat (HR/RBI/SB/BB/BA) studs and now I'm losing a 5 stat stud who gives me what I need most. I've been competitive in HR and king of BB for some reason, so losing those has pretty much doomed me. I've added James Loney since he has been driving a bunch of runs and hitting .300, so my only hope is that my offense lives up to its potential and Grienke/Sanchez go on a hot streak. As far as I'm concerned I'm just trying to stay in the money.

This pretty much sums up the rest of my season.

Andrew's team is stuck in championship limbo from what I can see. He is currently 2.5 behind the leader, but the team in first managed to counter his saves strategy. Andrew acquired a number of closers to gain on saves, but Andrew Bailey landed on the DL and the team he is chasing added Johnathan Papelbon in a trade (shipped out Jaime Garcia at the perfect time). I remain annoyed that Andrew is riding some great seasons from lame players (Kelly Johnson and Adam LaRoche come to mind), but its working for him. If Andrew can take some points away from the leader he has a chance, but right now it looks like both of us are finished.

Current Status
Bert - This is a league game, Smokey.
Andrew - Dude, nothing is fucked. Come on. You're being very unDude.

No comments:

Post a Comment