Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fantasy Baseball, 60 Games Down

With a little over 100 games left in the season things are starting to settle, and it looks like the rest of the season will be a three man race. The standings tend to jump around alot still, but it looks like the champ is going to have to finish the season with at least 60 points. The top two are comfortably above that (64, and myself at 62.5) and Andrew continues to lurk with 57 and a fourth dark horse at 53.

I wish I could say something interesting happened this week, but the standings stayed pretty much the same and nobody important got hurt or did anything stupid. Sadly none of the perfect games tossed this season helped me out, and I continue to be haunted by Rich Harden. I'm also getting killed by picking the wrong hot pitching prospect on the Rays (Wade Davis), which was nice because Texas and Tampa Bay took turns torching either when Harden and Davis started. I think I ended up with 15ER in 8IP with those two. I just wish there was some pitching phenom waiting out there for me to pick up, like someone that could strike out 14 guys in 7 innings. That would be nice.

Apparently its pronounced like Strawsburg

Of course anyone who follows baseball knows this past week featured the debut of the next great thing to happen to baseball, Stephen Strasburg, and he managed to fulfill all of the wild predictions. This has started the ball rolling on the Strasburg lottery in our league, but sitting in 2nd with no supplemental moves means I'm out. Andrew is also out in 3rd, so we can only sit and wait to see who gets him (likely the last place team as of Monday 6/14) and look on longingly. I'm sure Andrew would love to have a guy who is being compared to Mark Prior, because he worked out so well.

I promise the 70 game report will be more exciting. Really, it will. I swear.

Current Status
Bert - "You gotta buck up, man, you can't go into the tournament with this negative attitude-- "
Andrew - "Sure! Fuck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment