Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fantasy Baseball, 30 Games Down

Things are slow at the Sports Optimator, hopefully these updates will fend off the crickets and cobwebs. I'm happy to report I am no longer the worst in my league, all thanks to Jon Lester (the tub is filling, and I can't wait to drink his bathwater) and a few half decent games by Rich Harden and Cliff Lee. I current sit at a not-so-annoying 6th, or as I like to call it "third from dead last", all after only a few days. This past week saw a supplemental move fly out the window (f*ck you Rick Porcello, no really, f*ck you) and a promising young arm hit the DL (Brett Anderson, I'd like to introduce you to Dr. James Andrews) and fears of TJ's and/or a repeat of being ravaged by injuries return. The biggest surprise is that Rod Barajas, Rod Barajas, is absolutely crushing balls out of the park. This is the same guy that had "Sup Move" written all over him, his 9HRs lead my team, but sadly his .244BA isn't the worst.

Andrew continues to ride the most improbable and confusing hot streaks I can imagine. He has mostly held on to 1st, but has been dropping in and out over the past few days. Kelly Johnson has to be juicing, he is blasting opposing pitching with 10HR and a .291BA (This is a guy that hit 8, 12, and 16HR all season in 2007-2009) in what could be an insane career year. Andrew's bread and butter continues to be his arms with Wainwright, Liriano, Verlander, and Haren all keeping his team afloat.

Current Status
Bert : "No Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of."
Andrew : "You guys are dead in the water!"

No comments:

Post a Comment