Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chelsea/Manchester City - Bridge At The Bridge Drama

So I rolled out of bed at 445 this morning to watch the Chelsea-Manchester City match out of morbid curiosity. I don't know if I really thought something was going to happen between Wayne Bridge and John Terry, I'm certain they are both sick of the scandal by now, but neither of them failed to dissapoint. Normally I wouldn't want to watch a game between the team I hate most and my favorite team's rival, but I just could not resist this one.

Before the game even started you could tell something weird was going to happen. John Terry trotted out with a mohawk that screamed "I'm in emotional turmoil because I bagged a teammates' ex", but I'm sure he though it said "I don't feel like a douchebag at all" when he shaved it. If that wasn't enough, the cameras were nice enough to zoom in on Terry during the team handshakes and Wayne Bridge passed over Terry's outstretched hand. I knew this was probably going to happen, and so did everyone else, but Terry certainly looked hurt or did a good job pretending to be upset. After seeing this, and Man City in their sweet whites, I had to grab my notebook for a running diary. Man, am I glad I got up so early!

Very subtle John, you are lucky he didn't punch you.

1' - Bridge gets an earful from the Stamford Bridge faithful during a throw in, I'm sure it wasn't anything he hasn't heard already.
9' - I can't be the only person waiting (hoping actually) for Bridge to punch Terry in the face?
17' - Tevez misses an excellent chance to score, both teams look pretty flat so far.
24' - Drogba header flies over the goal, and he looks dangerous for the 100th time today. I'm getting worried.
30' - Kompany nearly nets one for Chelsea, sadly he plays for Man City. I'm more nervous with each passing second.
31' - Three guys clack heads, Drogba is oh so dramatic but gives up once he sees that Zabaleta is actually injured. Stay classy Didier.
35' - Drogba AGAIN, I can tell this isn't going to end well for Manchester City.
39' - Lampard deftly blocks a solid shot on goal, too bad it was from one of his teammates on Man City's goal. This is going to be a long game.
41' -
GOAL Lampard scores off a great pass by Joe Cole. Horrible defending by Man City makes this one look easy, Chelsea up 1-0.
45' -
GOAL Tevez makes Terry look like a clown, well he did that on his own, and Hilario makes a hilarious (I couldn't resist) save "attempt" to even the score. Horrible defending, Terry and Carvalho can't contain Tevez and both look confused after.
45' - Lescott uses his bizarre haircut to head a ball wide, blows a decent chance to go ahead.
48' - Terry draws a yellow for an atrocious tackle, his head is obviously not in this game. I hope Ancelloti leaves him in the game.
50' -
GOAL Bellamy goes wide around Mikel and slots it in from a crazy angle. Hilario continues to delight as man City takes a 2-1 lead.
57' - Ivanovic follows Terry's lead, draws yellow.
59' - Ballack handball to Anelka nearly evens the score, but Anelka heads it over. Theirry Henry would have nailed it.
61' - Drogba uses his go-to Drogba Face. He looks like someone just farted, what is up with him and sticking his fingers in his mouth?
62' - Tevez and Terry tussle, sadly no punches are thrown. Both glaze over as ref lectures them.
67' - Ballack is jealous, finds a way to draw a yellow of his own for... well, I don't know. Probably for being too German.
69' - Carvalho off for Kalou, a forward for a defender... maybe Ancelotti is actually going to have them attack. Ancelotti looks like he is either going to throw up all over himself, or break out the hairdryer for the next person that talks to him. Maybe both at this rate.
73' - Chelsea continues to excel at shooting balls directly into defenders.
74' - Belletti draws red after a rubbish tackle in the box, Man City will get a penalty. Horrible horrible attempt.
76' -
GOAL Tevez takes the kick, Hilario guesses correctly but isn't quick enough. 3-1 Man City. The Chelsea fans are fleeing for the exits, as they should be.
80' - All hell has broken loose, Ballack gets his second yellow. Chelsea are imploding, and I love it, down to 9 men means it will be just about impossible for them to draw even here.
86' -
GOAL Bellamy nets his second in a 3-on-2 off a nice Wright-Phillips pass. Easy goal.
90' -
GOAL Lampard. Anelka draws a call in the box, Lampard goes left and Given dives right. Weak call by the ref, but 4-2 is still good.

I'd like to say I don't know what Terry was thinking, but I would be lying.

Well this game did not disappoint. I'm glad I got up at 445 especially after the stink bomb Manchester United dropped this time last week, and the 3-1 loss to Everton goes away. Now Chelsea's lead is only a point with Man U in second and Arsenal just two behind them. I'm sure the papers are going to have a field day with John Terry, and I'll be loving every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment